Am 13.04.2015 um 15:54 schrieb James Knott:
On 04/13/2015 09:38 AM, Andreas Säger wrote:
This __happens__ to work for you. What does "12-04-2015" actually mean?
On my system this will be interpreted as 12th of April. People with US
locale will get a date value referring to the 4th of December.

That is why people should be using only the ISO format.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601

But nobody does. Not my bank from where I import account statements,
yahoo finance, amazon, ebay, you name it.
Calc can handle crazy date formats, even those with written month names
in dozends of languages. But you need to specify your special
requirements. Importing 13-04-2015 works out of the box once you have
checked the "special numbers" option. In case of a US locale you need to
specify that this is meant to be a non-US date, "English (UK)" will
handle this correctly.