Am 25.02.2015 um 12:38 schrieb hw:

How do you build an installation package?

The code needs to live in your own name space (not library "Standard").
Tools>Macros>Organize>Basic...
[Organizer...]
Tab [Libraries]
[Export]

Non-Standard libraries can be imported from documents and templates. For
instance, you may distribute a document with documentation and examples
carrying the macros in a non-Standard library and use the Basic
organizer import/update that code.

LO is installed on a Windows terminal server for all users, yet each
user has their own settings.  To get macro distributed, I have to save
it to a text file which then can be copied and pasted from for each
user.  Or is there a better way?

BTW, is there a way to use an external editor to edit these macros?  I'd
rather use a decent editor like emacs than the poor thing built into LO.

You can use Python or JavaScript as macro language with your favourite
development tools. The Basic "IDE" is horrible, indeed.
Such macro code can be dumped as pure source code into the user profile.