Hi,I was using Writer yesterday, I can't recall every step that led up to this, but I had a line
with a tab in it, and went to the ruler to set the tab stop, but the ruler was unresponsive, I
couldn't add a tab stop to it.Double clicking on it opened a dialog where, under one of the tabs, I
was able to enter the position (in cm) for the tab stop; this worked, but on returning to the
document for further editing I noticed that the tab stop was still not shown on the ruler (and so
couldn't be changed there). Any ideas as to what might be going on would be gladly received!
On a (possibly) unrelated note, I have found that it is impossible to change margin settings using
the ruler when paragraphs with a different left margin are selected together. I can understand the
settings not being shown, because -- well, where would you show it? But I feel it would be helpful
to have a way to click and set the margin in that case, as a way to align those paragraphs (which
don't necessarily have the same style). Thoughts?
best,/Gary