Don

The only Epson printing issues, and scanning issues that I had with an Artisan 810 was fixed when 12.xx came out. I needed the printing to DVD media that Epson's Artisan 810 has.

The printer "died" when the "ink pad end of life" error message caused the printer to stop working. It cost more to fix than buy a new printer. That is when I went to a Canon MG6220. I have Canon printers now, including a fax printer. All three have printing onto DVD media. For HP printers, I use the Ink tank versions, instead the all-in-one cartridges. Works better for getting third-party ink. The third-party ink "tank" cartridges cost me between a third to less than a fifth the cost of OEM prices. Cannot afford to do the printing I do if I had to buy OEM ink.

Linux printer drivers and LibreOffice can be a hit or miss for issues. It was the same when I used OpenOffice.org. Most of the issues are fixed, but with all of the models of printers and all of the various drivers created by people/companies to give print drivers to Linux, well they cannot get all of the printer models working properly. The good part is when you find the printer makers support Linux drivers online for your use. HP does. Canon [not in the USA] does for some model lines.

So, when I buy a printer, I first check out if I can find Linux [.deb] drivers and third-party ink. If I can, then I can use the printer in my home office. I really do not want to "push" a document, photo, graphics, etc., to a Windows system for printing.