Hello Tom

Thanks for your further thoughts on this.

As it so happens, I did something else which seems to have fixed the problem (touch wood). Basically, I uninstalled 4.4 and reinstalled 4.3.5.2 (fresh), uninstalled the LibO plug in from Mendeley, reinstalled it and took it for a run. At first, same problem, then after a few minutes (and testing this problem on another document written previously and with Mendeley references) the lag stopped.

I'm tempted to go back to 4.4. but since I need this for production work (i.e. my thesis), I think I'll stick with this version (4.3.5.2) for now.

Thanks again.

All the best

Sun