Am 01.01.2015 um 23:03 schrieb Andrew Douglas Pitonyak:

The code contains the Turkish dotless i, but it fails (as it should) on
my computer. I am hesitant (perhaps lazy) to mess with my computer's
locale since I don't have a good handle on the implications of changing
it or whether or not I just need to change it in an LO configuration
somewhere. I also don't want to try installing a Turkish version of
things since I would not be able to read anything. Hopefully someone who
is sufficiently familiar with these issues (say because they are turkish
or are simply aware of other examples that will fail in my locale and
work in theirs) can speak up. I do appreciate the wiki link, and it does
confirm that this should work if my locale were Turkish and if LO deals
with it correctly.

Andrew

Hi,

The locale (Tools>Options>LanguageSettings>Languages>Locale) can be
changed at will without changing a single byte in your documents. This
is a default setting for only for numerals. Numerals with no explicitly
set locale will be displayed differently. Same in Basic where the locale
is used for type conversions between strings and decimals/dates/times. I
can not see any effect on Basic StrComp.