This is slightly off the topic . . . .
Is there any reason[s] why you have not upgraded to the free version of Win10 [Home or Pro]?
Or, are you satisfied with the tiled desktop in Win8.1?

Although Win10 does have its issues, same with Win8.x, it does have the tiles in the new version of its "Start Menu".

---------

As for the install issue[s]. . . .

You should go to the "Programs and Features" section of the Control Panel and try to uninstall an version of LibreOffice that is listed.

Then deal with the removal/renaming of the LibreOffice folders for both 4.4.x and 5.0.x [at main folder level] that hold the User Profile and all the other info/files there. This link will point you in the correct area of the system folder[s] where the LibreOffice folders are located. https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/UserProfile#Resetting_the_User-Profile

Restart the computer.

Then download a new install file - 4.4.5 or the 5.0.x version. Install LibreOffice again.

This should give you a clean, and working, install of LibreOffice.

This process has worked for me with XP, Vista, and Win7.
I have no Win 8.x systems.
I am installing Win10 on most of my Win7 systems, when I have time and can dig the "spare systems" out of under-counter storage and set it up somewhere there is space of another system.