Hi :)
Renaming/resetting the User Profile seems to 'magically' fix a vast range
of problems that 'shouldn't' happen = so it's often a good thing to try
early on, especially since it's fairly easy to rename back to recover all
the settings, configs, galleries, Extensions/Add-ons and whatnot.

I'm not sure it would help in this case but this definitely qualifies as
something weird that shouldn't be happening so it's definitely worth a go!
:)

Have you also tried uninstalling LibreOffice and then shutdown the machine
and switch on again before reinstalling?  It is an old trick that used to
solve such problems, especially in Windows.  These days it's not quite so
effective because for many programs User Profiles are left untouched in the
uninstall but the act of uninstalling still does some other things that
might be useful.

My next step if those 2 things didn't seem to work would be to try "Revo
Uninstaller" to ensure that the registry and all other parts of the install
did get completely wiped out but these days the Windows Registry is
supposedly MUCH less flaky, in that way, than it used to be but still prone
to problems from "registry fix-it tools".

Another issue might be the hard-drive itself.  Under Linux i'd run a full
off-line "check disk/partition" and use maintenance tools to check the
drives "smart disk" status but i am not sure how to do any of that to any
of the current (post Win7) versions of Windows.

Also as i was one of the people Cc'd into the original message i was quite
happy to be Cc'd in.  There are various potential problems, as Joel hinted,
but for me the main problems were mitigated against by having the main User
Support Mailing List as the primary "To".  This meant that others were able
to respond and meant that i wasn't alone in being responsible for
answering.  I always prefer to answer on-list so that anyone can (and often
will) disagree and explain why - this means there is some level of "quality
control".

My answers tend to be very generic whereas many people on this list have
highly specific expertise so it's often the case that someone else can give
a better answer, or that my suggestion might "draw out" further responses
to pin-point/trouble-shoot a particular problem.

The team-work / competition of the mailing list often results in a better
level of answers suitable to a wide range of knowledge and experience on
the part of the user asking the questions.

Regards from
Tom :)