On 07/09/2015 04:24 PM, CVAlkan wrote:

Those who have not yet given up on using LibreOffice Writer as a
multi-lingual word processing application may be interested in the bug

I'll write a more comprehensive response later, but the basic issue is
that breaking the Western/CTL/Asian breakdown, means that LibO is
incompatible with MSO file formats. Whilst I don't see that as a
negative, per se, there is what appears to be a substantial percentage
of users that treat MSO compatibility as mandatory.

it is not very likely that they will even be legible on any system not set
up exactly the same as mine.

The ODT documents should be readable, as created, on any platform that
has the same fonts. If they aren't, then one is looking at an even
bigger bug in LibO.

it is beyond tedious,

To describe it as "beyond tedious" is to assume a degree of patience
that would test a Daoist initiate.

###

The more I look at writing systems, languages, and locales, the more
convinced I am that the only way to fix the plethora of issues relating
to them in LibO/AOo/EO/NO/AnOo is to throw away that code base, and
start from scratch, with the i18n a11y user as the primary focus.

jonathon