On 11/05/15 13:06, hdv@gmail wrote:
On 10 May 2015 at 21:26, Eric Beversluis
<ebever@researchintegration.org> wrote:

I'm working on a graphic in LO Draw with several layers. Now I want
to merge those layers, but I can't find how to do that. I tried
grouping but I can only select one element at a time, even with
'Shift' held down.

I don't think Draw knows the concept of merging layers. All layers are
always part of the file. When you want to export the file to a different
format you can hide specific layers and export the rest. As far as I
know that what is exported is all placed on a single layer, but I
haven't tested this extensively, so I might be jumping to conclusions here.

https://help.libreoffice.org/Impress/Moving_Objects_to_a_Different_Layer

seems to work. (Try googling for 'libreoffice draw layer')

I'm not sure about why you can't select multiple objects. That works fine for me here in Draw (but not for Writer -- which is crazy!). I can do ^A to select everything and then 'long-click' and drag to a different layer tab. Although, annoyingly, object selection seems to disregard the current layer selection -- I'd have hoped operations would be confined to the current layer (a la Gimp or Photoshop); I don't really see the point as it stands.

(LO 4.4.3.2/Mint 17, btw)

--
Mike Scott
Harlow, Essex, England