Am 09.04.2015 um 13:04 schrieb Andreas Säger:
Am 09.04.2015 um 12:39 schrieb ianseeks:
hi

I've got a table of numbers of general format which i change (using
Format/Cells) to make the display of numbers less than 10 have a leading zero.
I cannot search for "07" etc as it will not find it, it will only search for
"7" which finds me all the numbers with a "7" in it.

How can i force the search to look for "07"?

regards

Ian

Search for 7 because this is the numeric value you are after. When in
doubt about the correct search string for constant numbers, have a look
at the status bar.
If "007", "07" and "7" should be different cell values, then you should
store them as text values rather than numbers.

You can format the column as text which treats new input as literal text
but without changing any existing value.
If you want numeric text with 10-digits, =TEXT(A1,"0000000000") converts
any number in A1 into a text value of the given format. The second
argument can be any number format code you would use to format a number
in your default locale context.
Finally you would paste-special the converted numbers over the original
values.