In a spreadsheet I needed to set the background color in the three cells A1, B1, and C1, depending on the value of B1.
Example:
If the cell B1 contains "A" all the 3 cells will be colored. At all other values in B1 nothing happens. In a couple of hours I found a solution, but not in the Help section of LibreOffice. Perhaps I just didn't recognize it? Some hidden help :-). I think there should be something in Help about how to format cells ranges depending on the content of one cell. I guess I am not the only one who needs this function sometimes.

Curious about the Solution? Here it is:
Select the actual cells range. Open the Conditional Formatting Dialog and select condition type "Formula is". As a formula enter (in this example) $B1="A". (The $ sign *must* be added). Choose or create a style that suits you and press the OK button (or press Enter).

Kolbjoern