On 04/01/15 15:39, Robert Peirce wrote:
I have some rate-of-change triangles I need to change.  These show the
annual rate of change for different numbers of years and look like this:

2010    X    X    X    X    X
2011    X    X    X    X
2012    X    X    X
2013    X    X
2014    X

Basically, I want to reverse the lines, moving the top to bottom and
vice versa.  I want to do this so the multiple years go out from the
ending date instead of the starting date.  Like this:

2010    X
2011    X    X
2012    X    X    X
2013    X    X    X    X
2014    X    X    X    X    X

If I just copy and paste and the cells aren't protected by '$' the
cells change accordingly.  I don't want that to happen.  I want the
formulae to reference the same cells.  I just want to move them to
another location.  Is there any way to do this?

Yes - add $ to the cell references in the formula - e.g., A2 becomes
$A$2. That means you can move the formula anywhere you want but it will
still reference A2...