At 11:55 10/12/2014 -0700, Nobody Noname wrote:
Using Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS AMD64 and LibreOffice 4.3.4.1. Trying to print both a landscape and portrait page in a single Writer document. Using Manual Section Breaks. When I get to the Landscape page, it prints properly, but I cannot return to Portrait. I think this is a bug.

It may be a bug - but probably in your technique with LibreOffice, not with the program itself.

Your term "manual section breaks" is a little confused. I don't see any automatic ones. In any case, in Writer you deal with sections: it's Microsoft Word that has section breaks (which it strangely calls "sections"). And I don't see how sections are related to page orientation.

Page orientation is a property of page styles, so you will need at least two page styles, one with each orientation, and two changes of page style, one at each change in orientation. The necessary changes of page style can happen in either of two ways. Where the change happens at a specific point in the text, it can be achieved by a manual page break and the use of the Style drop-down menu in the Insert Break dialogue. Where the change needs to happen in the ordinary flow of the text, wherever the move to a new page happens to occur, this can be achieved by setting the required following page style as the Next Style of the previous page style. Either technique could be used before or after your landscape page.

If you don't find this works as expected, you may have to explain a little, so someone can guess what you are doing wrong. Is it possible that you are seeing the change to landscape as something that should apply only to the following page? No: page styles (including the built-in Landscape page style) generally have themselves set as their Next Style, so later pages will continue with the same style (and therefore orientation) until a subsequent change of page style.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker