Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2014 Archives by date, by thread · List index

 I hope I have a work flow problem. I'll describe what I want, then describe
what I did. And hopefully someone can show me 'the right way'.

I'm writing a book. I have chosen the path of creating a chapter template + 
a master document + a sub document per chapter. Getting it all setup at
first worked out just like the "Writers Guide chapter 13" said. Thanks doc
team. That was good.

But a week or so later, after I'm working on chapter three, I decide I want
something new in my template.... I want my font changed from liberation
serif to new times roman.  I cannot find out how to (simply) get that change
communicated to *all* my sub documents so that they obey the new font.

Here is the work flow I tried:
1. create a template
   create a paragraph style: name=bookBasic, properties=some indentation +
liberation serif + font size 12 + regular
   create a paragraph style: name=indirect, properties=some indentation +
liberation serif + font size 12 + italic
   save as "a template" in ott
2. create chapters
   open the template from step 1
   drop in some filler text from
   set paragraph one to "bookBasic"
   set paragraph two to "indirect"
   save as "chapt 1" in odt
   save as "chapt 2" in odt
   save as "chapt 3" in odt 
3. create master doc
  open template from step 1
  delete text
  file:send:create master doc
  navigator:insert:file  (chapt 1)
  navigator:insert:file  (chapt 2)
  navigator:insert:file  (chapt 3)
  save as "a master" in odm 
4. alter template
  open template from step 1
  select paragraph formatting name=bookBasic and 'modify' such that font is
changed from Liberation serif to New Time Roman
  save (odt)
5. open master and accept changes
 save (odd)
6. see if things are ok in a sub doc
 open chapt1
  <<<problem>>> the BookBasic font is still Liberation Serif, not New Times

What it "the right way" to get my sub docs modified?
Also, I want to add new styles to my template and have them ripple through
my master doc into my sub docs. This also seems non-working to me with a
pretty similar work flow to the above.

Sure hoping for some help here.
Thanks in Advance


View this message in context:
Sent from the Users mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.