On 20-11-2014 21:49, Andreas Säger wrote:
Am 20.11.2014 um 21:20 schrieb fred.spurrier@talktalk.net:
Can you please tell me which type of documents WRITER will read. e.g.
Word, Works,? Open office,PDF etc.
Thank you for your help
Fred

menu:File>Open...
see the list of file types

The list of types in menu:File>Save As... shows the file types that can
be opened and saved.

The file types in menu:File>Export... shows file types that can be saved
but not opened.

a list of extensions + names......

602 txt T602 Document
abw zabw AbiWord Document
cwk ClarisWorks/AppleWorks Document
doc Microsoft WinWord 5
doc Microsoft Word 6.0
doc Microsoft Word 95
doc Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP/2003
doc Microsoft Word for Mac (v1 - v5)
docx docm Office Open XML Text Document
dot MS Word 95 Template
dot MS Word 97/2000 Template
dotx dotm
dotx dotm Office Open XML Text Template
Help content
hqx zip DOCMaker (v4) Document
hqx zip eDOC (v2) Document
hqx zip LightWayText for Mac v4.5
hqx zip Nisus Writer Mac Classic v3.4 - 6.5
hqx zip TeachText/SimpleText v1 Document
hqx zip Tex-Edit v2 Document
hqx zip Z-Write 1.3 Document
hwp Hangul WP 97
lwp LotusWordPro Document
mwd Mariner Write Mac Classic v1.6 - v3.5
mw mcw MacWrite Document
mw mcw MacWriteII or MacWritePro Document
odm Writer 8 Master Document
odt Writer 8
oth Writer/Web 8 Template
ott Writer 8 Template
rtf Rich Text Format
stw Writer 6.0 Template
stw Writer/Web 6.0 Template
sxg Writer 6.0 Master Document
sxw OpenOffice.org 1.0 Text Document
wn nx^d WriteNow Document
wpd WordPerfect Document
wps Microsoft Works Document
wps Microsoft Works for Mac Document (v1 - v4)
xml DocBook
xml doc Microsoft Word 2003 XML
xml Writer Layout Dump