On 11/19/2014 12:30 PM, Matt Price wrote:
So, I gues there is an API reference:
http://api.libreoffice.org/docs/idl/ref/index.html

I had trouble loading that page.

I usually use the OpenOffice one at:
 http://www.openoffice.org/api/docs/common/ref/index-files/index-1.html

But unfortunately it doesn't give direct documentation for Basic
functions.  I found this document instead, which tells me where in the API
the actual function calls come from:

Yes, lack of more comprehensive documentation is a real pain. Hopefully someone with more knowledge than myself will comment on what I am about to write if I am wrong. With the exception of ThisComponent, what you refer to as Basic functions are not really Basic functions at all. Basic simply uses functions/methods supplied by Uno. I could write the same macro in Python but still use the same functions.

To me Uno is a huge complex beast that is sparsely documented and hard to use, but very powerful if you understand it.

 Regards, Jim

http://bernard.marcelly.perso.sfr.fr/index2.html

The useful macros are embedded in the "XRay Tool".  It would sure be nice
to have something like this in the BASIC editor itself - -I am used to
having access to functions & documentation when I'm trying to program!