Thank you Andreas.  Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to install either
version of the MRI tool -- the unreleased 1.1.4 appears not to be a valid
zipfile, whiel 1.1.2 throws this error:

(com.sun.star.uno.RuntimeException) { { Message = "<class 'SyntaxError'>:
invalid syntax (MRI.py, line 21), traceback follows\X000a
/usr/lib/libreoffice/program/pythonloader.py:102 in function
getModuleFromUrl() [codeobject = compile( src, encfile(filename), \"exec\"
)]\X000a  /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/pythonloader.py:149 in function
writeRegistryInfo() [mod = self.getModuleFromUrl( locationUrl
)]\X000a\X000a", Context = (com.sun.star.uno.XInterface) @0 } }

I suppose this could be a problem with python version? I'm not certain.  In
any case, I'd really appreciate it if you could point me to a differnt
version or to some other tools.  Much appreciated!

Matt