Hi :)
I've always used Andreas' method.  When you get back to the spreadsheet it
then starts showing a slightly darker line to show the border of the
printed pages.

I suspect that the colour of the page border (non-printing character type
of thing) could be changed in

Tools - Options - Appearance - Spreadsheet - "Automatic page breaks"

Then it's a case of adjusting the width of the columns to force the right
columns to fit.  I often have empty tiny thin columns to separate out
important columns such as sub-totals or end-of-quarter or whatever and
often use those at the edges of pages too so that it's easier for me to
adjust if the file needs to be printed from a different machine or onto a
different printer.

It hadn't occurred to me to use Writer or Draw to view the spreadsheet.  I
can imagine a few potential problems that might or might not even happen
anyway.  It sounds well worth experimenting with as it could make things
even easier.

Regards from
Tom :)