Hi :)
Ahh, i only noticed that the usual icons vanished from the icon-tool-bar.
I haven't tried Regina's suggestions yet but i'm fairly sure they will work.
Regards from
Tom :)

On 20 October 2014 18:58, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel@t-online.de> wrote:

Hi Rafael,

Rafael Senties Martinelli schrieb:

Hi,
I'm writing this because there is a *missing feature on LibreOffice
Writer (4.3.2.2) *. I wanted to post online on ask.libreofice but i do
not have any of the proposed accounts. (most of them are non-libre
software related..)

*The missing feature:*
When creating text dialogs with the "T" (text) Button, it is not
possible to change the font color.

Why not? I have no problems with changing the font color. I know three
ways:
(A) Mark the word, click on the "Character" icon in the toolbar, switch to
tab "Font effects" and select your color from the drop-down list "Font
color". Instead of the icon you can use Format > Character or context menu
item Character as well.
(B) Enable the icon command "Font Color": Right click the toolbar >
Visible icons > Click on text "Font Color". Use the icon as usual.
(c) Open the side bar in pane "Properties". Mark the text and use the
"Font Color" drop-down list from the side bar.

 I was surprised because in

libreoffice impress it is possible to change the color. So a simple hack
is to copy paste the text dialog from impress to writer.
The text can be modified and the color will remain. Anyways, the option
is missing on libreoffice writer.

There are indeed some options missing in Writer which are available in
Draw and Impress, for example formatting by using styles. But Font Color is
no problem.

Kind regards
Regina

deleted