Hi Fernand,

Fernand Vanrie schrieb:
Johnny, Regina ,

under "tools" we have a function GetProductName()
who returns for me "LibreOffice4.2"

hope it helps

Thanks for the hint to the application libraries. It works in Apache OpenOffice too.

Kind regards
Regina

Fernand

Hi Johnny,

You might distinguish it with Basic function IsUnoStruct?

Kind regards
Regina

Johnny Rosenberg schrieb:
Here's my problem:

I have both Apache OpenOffice and LibreOffice installed and I use them
both. I have quite a few Calc files with Basic macros. Today I found my
first difference between the Basic API in LibreOffice vs. Apache
OpenOffice:

Dim Dlg As Object, Ctl As Object
DialogLibraries.LoadLibrary("Standard")
Dlg=CreateUnoDialog(DialogLibraries.Standard.ElDialog)
Ctl=Dlg.getControl("DateField")

Now, I want to use Ctl.setDate(myDate) and myDate=Ctl.getDate(), and
here's
the difference:
In Apache OpenOffice, myDate is a Long. Today's date, 2014-10-19, is
represented as 20141019. I made two functions to convert to and from the
format I needed.

When running my macro in LibreOffice, the macro was interrupted by an
error
message, of course. After some debugging I found that the LibreOffice
version of Ctl.setDate/Ctl.getDate works with a struct:
Type DateType
Year As Long
Month As Long
Day As Long
End Type

This is of course not a big deal, I can make the macro accept both
formats,
but the macro need to know if LibreOffice or Apache OpenOffice is
running
it. How can I do that? I have tried to find the answer myself, both
using
xray and searching the web, but so far nothing.