On 14/10/14 21:07, anne-ology wrote:
        You're not alone -
            I too have not figured out the page numbering system;

See if this works:

*How do I make my first page a cover or title page and start page numbering (Page 1) on the second page of my document?*

1.

   Open a new Writer document.

2.

   Enter some or all of the text that you want on your cover page (or
   simply press the Enter key a few times).

3.

   Press F11 to open the Styles and Formatting window. Choose "Page
   Styles" from the icons (hover with your pointer on each icon to open
   the note). Double-click on "First Page" for assigning the "First
   Page" style to the first page of your document.

4.

   Place the cursor at the end of the first page. Select Insert->Manual
   Break from the menu bar.

5.

   Select "Page Break". Then choose the style to use for the next page
   (pick one from the menu - such as "Default"). Then mark the check
   box called "Change page number". In the box below this check box the
   number 1 should appear. Click OK.

6.

   Now you should have two pages. Put the cursor in the second page,
   then select Insert->Footer->Default from the menu bar. A footer area
   will appear on the second page.

7.

   To insert the page number, select: Insert->Fields->Page Numbers. A
   number '1' should appear on the second page of the file.