On 10/03/2014 06:07 AM, Heinrich Stöllinger wrote:
Alex Thurgood schrieb:
Le 03/10/2014 07:27, Alan B a écrit :

Hi Alan,

I have a database from the US gov't, npidata freely available, with about 3.5 million rows and around 350 columns. Actually the gov't provides a csv. Imported it into a MySQL db using the MySQL command line. Never been able to read the primary table using the Java connector. With the native MySQL
Yeah, the whole Java connector thing within LibreOffice and large record
sets is a very bad combination, even with a mysql backend ! I'm not
surprised you couldn't read it with an array of data that big, even if
each field only contained 1 byte :-)

Glad that the native connector at least allows you to load the records :-))

Alex

Hi Alex,
I do have a long-time "connection" with ALL 3 kinds of MySQL connectors.
Only the native one REALLY works o.k...
There is one problem in MY case, however: My DB-Hosting facility specifies
a connection time-out value of 1 minute. With the Java connector one can
specify "reconnect-true" (or yes?) when defining the DB under LO. This
means that LO at least re-connects after a termination of the connection
by the server. This is NOT a good situation, but it is kind of acceptable.
The native connector does NOT allow such a specification. This makes it
unusable to me unfortunately. I hope that it might be possible to change
this limitation of the native connector.
Regards
Heinrich
This may not be much of a work a round. I have a database using MySQL 5.5 server that I leave open for long periods of time. So when I come back the database, I get the message: MySQL has gone away. Since the database is the only thing that I am using LibreOffice for at the time, I close the database rather than LibreOffice. This opens the Start window which contains a list of previously used files. I double click the name of the database, and I am reconnected. It even remembers the user name and password, so the database is opened and ready to use.
     Have you filed a bug report about this?

Dan