Paul Auger wrote:
Hi all.

We are brand new to Libre. We are used to MS office. Is there a "cheat
sheet" that says "If you do this in office these here the steps you need to
take to do the same thing in Libre?"

Not sure about that; hopefully others can help there.

I've always found LibreOffice very similar to MS Office (at least up to MS Office 2003, before they introduced those "ribbon" toolbars). About the only thing that kept catching me out was that Format > Page in LibreOffice was at File > Page Setup in MS Office. Opposite way round to you though - having got used to LibreOffice, I always had to think about where to find the page formatting options in MS Office! (and it never did make sense that page formatting was on the File menu when character and paragraph formatting were on a Format menu...)

Also we have noticed that when we
import documents especially those with tables the formatting  is altered.
any advice?

For various reasons, the older MS Office .doc, .xls and .ppt formats generally import into LibreOffice better than the newer .docx, .xlsx and .pptx formats. So if your files are in those newer formats, try using MS Office to save them into the older format (File > Save As and choose the older format, probably called something like "Microsoft Office 2003", for the "Save as type" option). Then import that older-format file into LibreOffice.

It does mean you need MS Office to do the conversion, but a medium or large organisation would probably want to keep a couple of MS Office licenses anyway, to ensure they can access historical files, even once the majority of the organisation has transitioned to LibreOffice. One of the benefits of the Open Document Format used by LibreOffice (and other open source office applications) is that you're not reliant on one company's product to be able to access your old files in future.

Mark.