Good Morning All:

Re: the properties/security/read only, this is where it all started, because I used that feature to secure the file. Unfortunately after I printed the invoice and compared it to others, I found changes to make. When I went back to the same location to 'uncheck' the box, it was grayed out, meaning that I could not modify it, probably because the check means that the file is opened in the read only mode. What we have here is a continuous loop.

Re: the save as feature, that is good for future use of a correct form, but not for the updating of the original form.

Re: the edit icon, I found that in the Help section, which allows me to edit the file set to read only, but I cannot save the modified without using the 'Save as' feature, therefore not allowing me to modify the original file.

A last/worst case, brute force solution is to copy the original form with no mods to a new file name, exit LO, using Linux, delete the original file. I just assumed there was a way to unset what LO set.

John