Hi :)
Ok, so it's a Doc that was originally made in LO 4.2.x.  Although the
comments are being added by MS Office 2010 it 'should' be able to be read
with the 4.3.0, imo, but is just not working :(  It is nice to hear that
even after opening and saving in LO, despite LO not seeing the comments the
comments do reappear when the file is opened with MS Office 2010 again or
with MS Office 2007.  Still, it must be a bit annoying!

I think it might well be worth writing a bug-report about it.  It might be
a feature request but either way we apparently have at least 1 dev fairly
interested in fixing this sort of thing so now is a good time to post a
bug-report about it, to hopefully grab her/his attention;
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/BugReport
https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/

Apols and regards from
Tom :)