On 07/26/2014 10:54 AM, Mark Bourne wrote:

Kracked_P_P---webmaster wrote:
As for your description of A-size - - - 8.5 x 11 inches is not an A
size that I have heard of.  It is US Letter.  I have never seen any
reference that US Letter described as "A" size. The closest is A4, but
A4 is a little narrower and a little taller.

B is 11x17 inches - also called Tabloid.
Super B is 13x19 inches

JB4 - 257x364 mm
B5 - 176x250 mm
JB5 - 182x257 mm

A6 - 105x148 mm
A5 - 148x210
A4 - 210x297
A3 - 297x420
A3+ - 330x483 mm

These sizes are according to my HP Officejet 7000 wide format printer.
Since it does not print larger than Super B, I do not know the actual
inches for C or E sizes. [except C6 "Envelope" - 114x162 mm]

http://www.papersizes.org/ is quite handy for looking up paper sizes. It also explains how the ISO (A4 etc.) sizes are actually defined - e.g. A0 has an area of 1 square metre, and aspect ratio of 1:sqrt(2) (which gives it the property that cutting a page in half along it's long edge results in a smaller page of the same aspect ratio), then each subsequent A-series size is derived by cutting the previous size in half.

The US ANSI A, B, C, D and E sizes are not related to the ISO A-, B- and C-series sizes. So ANSI A is nothing to do with ISO A4 (although it happens to be very roughly the same size), and ANSI C nothing to do with ISO C6.

Mark.

Thanks, I will look at the site.