Yes, but Personas and optional add ons to LO are the user's choice and you are not "forced" to keep them.

LO, and most browsers, have built in "set up" options for adding additional "resources" and "decorations" that the user can easily enable/disable or add/remove. These type of things are useful, but you are able to not use these extras if you wish. What I hate is when you have a modified package that changes things and you are not able to opt-out of these changes. A good coder/hacker can modify things, tweaking for good or ill, so that the user cannot see these "secret" modifications.

I once used a dial up package on a laptop that I use both on a broadband network and able to use a dial up access when traveling. That package modified my existing IE browser, or replaced it, and it took a "disk wipe" and reinstall to remove their modifications to IE's background and menu add ons. That was before I started using browsers like Firefox and Opera [before Chrome]. The same thing goes for "web site nasties" that will replace the default page when you start your browser or add a new tab [Windows environment], or even change home pages, plus other things. Security software seems to not stop it from happening and it takes a removal of the browser's user profile and and other configs.

These "forced" modifications of user packages, or undocumented modified packages of popular FOSS software, is never a good thing. For LO, it could give a bad impression of the software. If you are informed that the package is a modified version of LO - before you download and install it - then the user has an informed choice in the matter. The can choose to use the modified version or go to a different download site. On my URL for the NA-DVD project, the web site version of the DVD has the install, help, and language packages that are exact versions of the ones you can download from the official download site. I offer the online version of the DVD's ISO file so users can see what is in the DVD before downloading the 4+/- GB file. I do not modify any packages that I get from LO. Other non TDF/LO associated download sources might not be able to claim this.

The key is if someone modifies a install file and does not tell you about this, you run the risk of it having something nasty in it, like a trogan, worm, virus, etc.. That is why you should ALWAYS run anti-virus and/or other security packages on the file [and anything downloaded] before you use/install it. That is basic security 101 info. The fact the the OP had a "detection" of a trogan [false positive or not] shows that he/she does this. I know others who do not and even fails to keep the security packages up-to-date [or even remove them since they never use the packages].