I would not use a "modified" version of LO, that adds their logos [or other things] without telling the user that they have modified LO from the original version. I had one software do that and it took weeks of work to install the "non-modified" version so the modifications were no longer seen. I just do not trust these "un-stated modified versions". I create a DVD project for LO and use the original files [all 90+ of them]. I would never modify LO and not tell people that is has been modified. The DVD labels that are included in my DVD project .iso files show both my side and the official LO site URLs next to each other in/on the label "artwork" files and DVD media I burn/print. I also hate the modified software packages that then require the user to go to the original software help service and you are told that since the software was modified those help-line people cannot help the user[s].

Yes, open source and freely modifiable is a good idea, but those developed modified packages should not be called the "exact" same name as the unmodified ones and distributed that way. We need independent coders to "play" with ideas and tweaking LO, to see what they can do to improve the package, or make it "their own version". But users need to know if they are being given a modified package. Once I repository version of LO had a different color splash screen as the same version number downloaded from LO pages. I wondered what else was modified, but the Linux help system could not tell me and would not even admit to that they changed the splash screen in their repository version. So I tend remove repository version after the "updating" and install the official LO website version[s].

Yes, I have had problems with false-positives with some security packages, but less with Comodo's free :Internet Suite" of security software. Of course, it is good to make sure of the software source[s] and run anti-virus on the downloaded install file[s] BEFORE you install them. Some packages automatically check downloaded files before they are saves outside if the "download temp. folder" before it is saved in the targeted one, while others do not. Also make sure you use "Web of Trust" that has a rating system that warns of issues with web pages that might be better to avoid - say kid safe, security issues reported, etc.. It works with Google search and as a "web page entry advisor" on Chrome, Firefox, and IE. Free too.