Hi :)
That is a LOT to write in a lunch break!  To be fair i often have trouble
writing shorter replies as they seem to take me longer!

Errr, does writing "off list" help at all?  Does your employer "hang out"
on the LibreOffice mailing lists?  If so is his criticism meant to be
hypocritical or an attempt at humour?  I often have trouble "reading
people" so sometimes find that i have "taken something the wrong way".
Neurotypicals love to create that sort of confusion.

Regards from
Tom :)