Hi :)
An advantage of dealing with a single individual is that you build-up a
relationship with them.  However if they are working on something else or
distracted or get stuck on one issue then it becomes difficult.  Plus they
are more likely to be more dependant on fixing the problem for you.

An advantage of using a company is they can overcome a greater range of
potential problems, especially if they are a diverse group with different
back-grounds.

If it's a small enough company then you might even retain some/all of the
advantages of having an individual.

The people at Collabora are likely to be an excellent choice.  They mostly
used to be part of a large company that wanted much the same support you
are looking for but they wanted it "in-house".  So they had a whole team
working on LO full-time for years.  The structure of TDF allows many
organisations to do this and to have their teams or individual devs working
inside TDF itself.  So the Collabora people have been one of the crucial
parts of TDF and have worked on LO for years.
Regards from
Tom :)