Tom, Florian,

Thanks for the replies.

An advantage of dealing with a single individual is that you build-up
a relationship with them.

Yeah, that was part of it. I've built up relationships with a few
developers in other areas, and it's always nice to discuss things on a
personal level.

  However if they are working on something else or distracted or get
stuck on one issue then it becomes difficult.  Plus they are more
likely to be more dependant on fixing the problem for you.

An advantage of using a company is they can overcome a greater range
of potential problems, especially if they are a diverse group with
different back-grounds.

Of course.

If it's a small enough company then you might even retain some/all of
the advantages of having an individual.

Certainly open to that.

The people at Collabora are likely to be an excellent choice.  They
mostly used to be part of a large company that wanted much the same
support you are looking for but they wanted it "in-house".  So they
had a whole team working on LO full-time for years.  The structure of
TDF allows many organisations to do this and to have their teams or
individual devs working inside TDF itself.  So the Collabora people
have been one of the crucial parts of TDF and have worked on LO for
years.

Okay, that sounds great. However...

        Quoting the price:

        "Bug-fix insurance / entitlements, with no-claims discounts if
        not used.
        Single bug fixes, on-demand: US$ 8,000 each.

This is the real issue. I don't doubt it's good value, but I probably
should have explained my situation: at the moment I'm a single
individual trying to move small companies onto Libreoffice. Money for
the fixes will come straight from my own pocket, so my budget per fix is
more like several hundred dollars than several thousand. If there is no
hope of *anybody* working for this, then please let me know.

So, my other thinking of finding an individual, is that I'm more likely
to be able afford their hourly rate ;-)

Thanks,

Andy