Alex,

Thank you so much for the info!  I have not spent much time on this, so
I'm guessing that the plan (for me) is to use LO Base, then use one of
these products to create the reports?  These report generators require
either an ODBC or JDBC driver, so I'm hoping that Base has one or the
other.  I did some Googling and it is not clear to me that it does.  So,
does that mean that I should be focusing on PostgreSQL or MariaDB for
example?

Thanks,
Dave