What I want to be able to do is (for now) have a pdf report that shows
the statistics (records, averages, deviations) and charts that show up
to four variables on the same axis.  So the first question is can I do
that with Base and Calc?  This needs to be automated so that each day I
run a report on the current data and get the report.  I have no problem
with using LO scripting language if needed, I just need to know that
this can be done and generally how.

If the answer is that it can't be done, or would require extensive work,
then waht are the alternatives?  I looked at MariaDb, but did not see
any built-in tools to do what I want.  As I mentioned in the original
post, I'm fine with using Base and an external program like R if it can
produce waht I want.

Dave,