Heinrich,
Yes, I forgot that the backed-up SQL first drops the table to be restored and then recreates it before loading the data. My mistake. That makes the process even simpler.

I do not know much about the JDBC connector either. Have you tried the Oracle website or a search engine (google, etc.)? Sometimes you can get a hit that can point you in the right direction. Maybe someone else on this forum has replied to your design and has an answer.
Good luck.
Girvin Herr