Hi :)
Tab normally moves forwards and
Shift and Tab
should move backwards.  It works in most forms, spreadsheets and in Writer
tables too.  The only time it doesn't work is in some Access forms or
Reports where the designer hasn't realised the significance and assumes
everyone uses a mouse.

I agree that reaching for the mouse does interrupt work-flow for a lot of
people.  It's funny to see just how dependant people are on it and how
resistant they are to learning to press tab and other other tricks which
have often been around for decades.
Regards from
Tom :)