Hello Upscope,

Le Fri, 25 Apr 2014 14:58:07 -0700,
upscope <upscope@nwi.net> a écrit :

On Friday, April 25, 2014 07:53:17 PM you wrote:
Hello Upscope,

On 25 avril 2014 19:03:22 CEST, upscope <upscope@nwi.net> wrote:
On Thursday, April 24, 2014 08:40:40 PM Charles-H. Schulz wrote:
Hello Upscope,

On 24 avril 2014 18:16:29 CEST, upscope <upscope@nwi.net> wrote:
On Thursday, April 24, 2014 02:09:16 PM Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
These bug-hunting sessions can be a great fun.

It's only for a short time-period so you can find yourself
racing
against other people who are also new to it all.  Even if you
know
nothing about how to do it there are experienced people
on-hand to
help.  If you don't know coding then that can even be an
advantage
because you avoid getting embroiled in 'interesting' details.

Sometimes these competitions have led to prizes, such as
netbooks
and
things.  Bodhi Linux have such awarded a a few people netboks
as top
prizes.  The QA team here did the same around a year ago.  I
think
this time there isn't a prize but it's a good time to get in
some
practice. Good luck all!
Regards from
Tom :)

On 24 April 2014 12:19, Italo Vignoli
<italo@documentfoundation.org>

wrote:
The Document Foundation (TDF) announces the schedule of the

first

LibreOffice 4.3 bug hunting session, which will start with
the availability of the first beta of the new major release
in calendar
week 21 (May 23 to May 25).

Participating will be easy. Details of the bug hunting
session are
on
TDF wiki
(https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugHunting_Session_4.3.0)
,
where there is also a growing list of LibreOffice 4.3 new
features
and improvements to check for bugs and regressions
(https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/4.3).

To participate, it will be necessary to have a PC with
Windows,
MacOS or Linux, and LibreOffice 4.3 Beta 1 (available at

http://www.libreoffice.org/pre-releases), plus a lot of
enthusiasm.

Filing bugs will be extremely easy, thanks to the help of
experienced
volunteers who will be around on the QA mailing list
(libreoffice-qa@lists.freedesktop.org) and IRC channel
(irc://irc.freenode.net/#libreoffice-qa).

A second LibreOffice 4.3 bug hunting session will be
organized -
with
the same pattern - immediately after the release of
LibreOffice
4.3
Release Candidate 1, in mid June.

Short link to TDF blog: http://wp.me/p1byPE-uy.

--
Italo Vignoli - The Document Foundation
mob IT +39.348.5653829 - mob EU +39.392.7481795

be

/
List archive:
http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/announce/

Tom thanks for the heads up. Will 4.3 be available for download
in advance of the actual Beta release date/ I have been using
the 4.2.4
RC1
on my openSUSE 13.1 for the last week. So far no issues with
CALC

(at

least my spreadsheets). Writer still has problems with a .docx
document

I get each month. Does not show some of the graphics. The
version of
Word is 2010.  I can enter a bug report if necessary and attach
the
Writer page and one from the PDF to show what it should look
like.

By any means, please do, that would help a lot.

LibreOffice Bugzilla but it will not accept it under 4.2.3 or
4.3.1.

I have attached the .docx and .pdf to this email. I do not know if
attachments are allowed.

Let me know if you need anything else or if I can test something.

I do have the 4.2.4 (direct from LO site) and installed.

That's weird. There should be an entry for beta/rc. May I suggest
you wait for the bug hunting session?  Otherwise I can file the bug
myself.

Best,

Charles.

Version: 4.2.4.1
Build ID: d4c441391e20647b3d2e8dde4d20aa868e77e515

TDF version on openSUSE 13.1

CODE:
----------
Version: 4.2.4.1
Build ID: d4c441391e20647b3d2e8dde4d20aa868e77e515
----------

openSUSE version on openSUSE 13.1

CODE:
----------
Version: 4.1.5.3
Build ID: 410m0(Build:3)
----------
--

Let me know where to post the bug.

Here: https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/

Thanks,

Charles.

Thanks
Charles if you could file it I would really appreciate it. I need to
modify the .docx version some times. If not I can wait. I tried to
post the .pdf and .docx document to pastelink, but the .docx would
not post there. Waiting to hear from them on problem. The PDF version
is posted for 6 more days at:

CODE
------------
pastelink.me/dl/b74b8a

----------
Note my signature change to the KDE version. LibreOffice 4.2.4 still
opens the .docx wrong but I found if I click on the left hand blue
column near the top, the picture frame appears and if I then click in
the frame and select edit with external program, in my case it starts
GIMP and the Lions logo does appear in GIMP, like the one in the pdf
copy. This may help someone looking at the issue.

I tested your file on the 4.2.3. There's no 4.2.4 released yet, only
development versions. Now: I  do not have the same behaviour about the
Gimp opening the file, but I certainly have weird blue and yellow lines
and squares in the header and the footer. That tells me there's
something wrong.

However, I believe that it may have to do more with our own ability to
improve the OOXML filter than an actual bug inside LibreOffice.

Do you mind if I first bring this up to the Document Liberation team
(www.documentliberation.org) at the Document Foundation for guidance?
They will be able to advise on opening a bug for this or work it out in
a different way.
 What do you think?

Best,

Charles.