Hi :)
On Ubuntu 12.04 the LibreOffice 3.5.7 does seem to take notice of the
normal "Page Up" and "Page down" but scrolls 1 screen-full at a time
rather than a full page.

Have you tried renaming the User Profile?
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile
That usually fixes "weird things that shouldn't be happening".  It
resets almost everything "back to factory defaults", which might be a
little different from the tweaks the Mageia people put in but should
be good settings  By renaming, rather than deleting, you still have
all the tweaks carefully hidden and can copy&paste chunks of the old
profile back into the new one to recover previous settings.

In the "Shortcut Keys" frame have the settings for normal Page Up and
down keys been reassigned to do something odd? is it difficult to
see/guess how they should be set?  I've not looked so i don't know.

Is Mageia itself doing something odd with the Page Up and Down
globally?  Individual apps should over-rule them but perhaps those
keys are being used for something important?  I doubt this is being
done tbh but if it's easy to have a look it might be worth it.

Any chance you could download and use a more recent version?  From our
downloads page you can choose "Fresh" (the default, currently 4.2.1)
or "Stable" (4.1.5) and i would tend to go with stable unless you
really want fancy new features and even greater compatibility with MS
formats.  I try to make sure i use "Fresh" on a couple of
test-machines but keep most of my colleagues on stable.

With Gnu&Linux it's generally easier to stick with programs from the
repos but for LibreOffice (and Evolution but not many others) it's
better to go the Windows route and install directly from which-ever
site appears to be the right one.  In our case our official site is
http://www.libreoffice.org/
and it's just been radically revamped to a fresh new look :))

Regards from
Tom :)