Dennis,

It looks to me that you're asking how to convert a number to the words that
are spoken to say that number.

You've asked how to "convert a number ... to text". People familiar with
programming/macros and data types will read that and think of something
different than creating the words to speak the number.

I found a few solutions, links below, from different sources that take a
number and write out the words to speak the number. None however are
solutions written for Calc. The links do provide solutions how to convert a
number to words with other programs. The logic will be the same in Calc but
the syntax will need to be converted to Calc. Perhaps someone familiar with
programming can assist you to create a Calc function that does what you
wish.

http://delphi.about.com/od/objectpascalide/a/curr2words.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360
http://www.dbase.com/codelib/Plus/dUFLPPlus_AA.zip this last is a small
code library written for a product called dBASE. In this library are
routines called Cash2Check, Num2Words, and Thou2Words. The logic of the
three routines is used together to convert a number to the words to say the
number. I can attest to the 1995 (approximately) version of this function
working correctly.

-Alan