Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2014 Archives by date, by thread · List index

When I open a certain Excel spreadsheet which shows calendar dates and
programs for cumulative mileage, the information comes out corrupted when I
open it on my new computer but ok on my old computer.  I have put the file
on a thumb drive with the same results, i.e. bad on the new computer, ok on
the old computer.  I have opened other Excel created spreadsheets on the new
computer without an apparent problem (these other spreadsheets do not have

An example of the corruption:  In the date column, 31 shows up in all cells
vertically where the number should reflect day of the month.  In other cells
where mileage should be cumulated for a month reflecting other daily
entries, there is a zero.

Any idea of the problem and solution?

View this message in context:
Sent from the Users mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.