Le 04.02.2014 16:55, Brian Barker a écrit :
At 09:36 04/02/2014 +0100, Morel Bérenger wrote:
Is it possible to have a diff between 2 .docx files in libreoffice? I am not fond of office suites, but at my work they sent me an outdated document describing what I have to do, and when I asked about some "details" ( or errors, in fact ) in it, they sent me a different ( but still with errors... ) version of the same document.

As has been suggested, try the Compare Document facility:
o Open the newer document.
o Go to Edit | Compare Document... .
o Browse to and insert the older document.

You can accept or reject the identified changes, or cancel the
dialogue if you wish merely to view them.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

To be honest, I did found that feature without asking here. But the changes were so minor* that I did not understood that this tool showed them, since the results were not obvious at all and the visual changes almost imperceptible to a user which is not used to GUIs. Maybe one could make the hint more obvious, for example by replacing the selected background color by one which jumps more to eyes, or by showing some circles or something bigger around the change when it is too small? The dialog box itself could be enhanced, by being more explicit ( there are no bubble tooltips, no help button and no description text for now ). Those are just some ideas to enhance your tool. I do not mind a lot about this, because I have to admit that I really do not like using office suites, and my activities rarely imply me to edit some of them.

Problem solved anyway, thanks to have shared some time for this.

*: at the bottom of the first page ( so, no cursor's move, and highlight in an area which does not jump to eyes ) the author changed a '2' to make it a '3' ( version change...yes...sounds a bit like new firefox version system :) ). Note that the quantity of changes in the xml files were quite impressive, the kind of dirty results which makes me more and more convinced that xml is over-used. And that it becomes even worse when Microsoft tries to use it. Can you believe that with that so minor change, compressed files have a delta size of 66 bytes? One char => 66 bytes compressed! So inefficient... but not your fault, ms is responsible for that.