Hello,
For some reason, on my Windows PC, the "libreoffice" command is not present. So, if you choose to use the command terminal, and "libreoffice" is not recognized, the following command should work:
soffice --convert-to fodt path\to\file.docx
path\to\file.docx would be the path to the docx file. The path may use / instead of \ depending on the operating system. The command "libreoffice" might work for you, though. I guess it depends on the installation, operating system, PATH variable configuration, or some other factor.

Regards,
xmlhttprequest.open@gmail.com