James E Lang wrote:
LibreOffice Version: 126.96.36.199 Build ID: 410m0(Build:2) on Kubuntu 13.10
I use KingSoft Office Spreadsheet for Android on my phone because regrettably LibreOffice Calc for
Android is not usable. KingSoft uses and saves .xlsx files. From time to time I upload one of these
files to my Linux computer to enhance the layout. I use LibreOffice as noted at the top of this
post to perform the enhancements.
Formulas that evaluate to text strings are being displayed as a formatted zero value.
• A formula that evaluates to "14.01.16.xlsx" according to the Function Wizard displays as "December 30,
1899" instead using a date format code. The formula is supposed to display the file name without the path. Since
CELL("filename") formats the information differently in Kingsoft Office vs LibreOffice the formula tests the structure
of the returned string and extracts the file name accordingly. The LibreOffice part of the formula is:
• A formula that evaluates to "" according to the Function Wizard displays as $0.00 instead using a
currency format code. The simple formula is:
This is a new phenomenon. To answer the question, "what has changed," the only changes I've made to
LibreOffice since these cells displayed correctly to try the 2525 color pallet mentioned in another thread on
this list. The changes were in directory:
• I moved file standard.soc to standard.soc.std and replaced it with a copy of
standard.soc--jan-19--10_26---2525-color-blocks.txt following which I restarted LibreOffice.
• After seeing the problem I am reporting I restored file standard.soc from standard.soc.std and
again restarted LibreOffice. The problem is still there.
After each restart I took a look at the Background Colors pallet and saw what I expected so I know
that each change took effect when tried.
Does anyone know what I should do next to resolve my problem?
Don't know if either of these will help, but a couple of ideas to try if
you haven't already...
1. Compatibility problems with MS Office Open XML (.docx, .xlsx, etc.)
files are often reported here. I don't have personal experience of such
problems, but the advice usually given is to avoid OOXML files if
possible. The format apparently changes slightly with each version of MS
Office, and even newer versions of MS Office can display OOXML files
from older versions incorrectly - so what hope does anyone else have!
The ideal would be to use Open Document Spreadsheet (.ods) but I'm not
sure if Kingsoft supports that. Otherwise, it looks like it can output
MS Excel 2003 format (.xls - without the extra x), which is probably
2. Check what formatting is applied to the cells when saving the
spreadsheet from Kingsoft (before importing into LibreOffice). Maybe the
cells are formatted as "General", which Kingsoft may interpret
differently from LibreOffice. Try setting the format to "Text" in
Kingsoft before transferring the file.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Impressum (Legal Info)
: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images
on this website are licensed under the
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License
This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is
licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2
"LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are
registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are
in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective
logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use
thereof is explained in our trademark policy