LibreOffice Version: 4.1.3.2 Build ID: 410m0(Build:2) on Kubuntu 13.10

Background:

I use KingSoft Office Spreadsheet for Android on my phone because regrettably LibreOffice Calc for
Android is not usable. KingSoft uses and saves .xlsx files. From time to time I upload one of these
files to my Linux computer to enhance the layout. I use LibreOffice as noted at the top of this
post to perform the enhancements.

Problem:

Formulas that evaluate to text strings are being displayed as a formatted zero value.

Examples:

• A formula that evaluates to "14.01.16.xlsx" according to the Function Wizard displays as
"December 30, 1899" instead using a date format code. The formula is supposed to display the file
name without the path. Since CELL("filename") formats the information differently in Kingsoft
Office vs LibreOffice the formula tests the structure of the returned string and extracts the file
name accordingly. The LibreOffice part of the formula is:

=MID(CELL("filename"),FIND(C1,CELL("filename"),1)+LEN(C1),FIND("'#", CELL("filename"),1)-(
FIND(C1,CELL("filename"),1)+LEN(C1 )))

• A formula that evaluates to "" according to the Function Wizard displays as $0.00 instead using a
currency format code. The simple formula is:

=IF(ISNUMBER(F20),IF(F20<C20,C20,""),"")

This is a new phenomenon. To answer the question, "what has changed," the only changes I've made to
LibreOffice since these cells displayed correctly to try the 2525 color pallet mentioned in another
thread on this list. The changes were in directory:

.config/libreoffice/4/user/config/

• I moved file standard.soc to standard.soc.std and replaced it with a copy of
standard.soc--jan-19--10_26---2525-color-blocks.txt following which I restarted LibreOffice.

• After seeing the problem I am reporting I restored file standard.soc from standard.soc.std and
again restarted LibreOffice. The problem is still there.

After each restart I took a look at the Background Colors pallet and saw what I expected so I know
that each change took effect when tried.

Does anyone know what I should do next to resolve my problem?

--
Jim