Hi Tom and James,

Thank you both for your replies.

First off, ...........

I did go to my documents and found  about half  a dozen  files down  loaded.

So I double clicked on  one.

And see that it has now completed installing.

1.  My first suggestion is that you should have a pop up that tells us dummies what happened and
what to do next.

2.  I still do not see "writer".

As for anything else, I need some time to study and figure this all out.

I have not really used any other word processor besides Libre.

I am running windows xp.

See and address the other questions and suggestions I have, as explained in my first post.

Thanks again,

David