David, you sent your message to me alone.  When you reply, please click
on 'Reply to All' or you may see 'Reply to List', in which case click on
that.  That way your replies will go to the list, and anyone can see
what stage you have reached, and what your latest problem is, and can
help.  I'm not in the US or Canada.  I'm on the other side of the world,
so we'd have a problem finding a time when we are both awake and able to
make or take calls.

To start off with, please tell us what you have done to date.  Did you
find the program to install as Tom mentioned?  What have you used before
you decided to try LibreOffice?  Have you been using, say, Microsoft
Office?  It might be useful if you could tell us why you decided to try
LibreOffice.

//James