Here is a 2014 LibreOffice themed 12 page monthly calendar with some USA holidays included. [You can remove the holidays if you choose to]

The original thread about this is on the Marketing lists, but I thought the users who are not on those lists might like to have the calendar links and print and use the LO themed calendar as is or edit the .odt file to make to what you might want/need.

http://libreoffice-na.us/LibreOffice-2014-Calendar-with-USA-Holidays--landscape.pdf

http://libreoffice-na.us/LibreOffice-2014-Calendar-with-USA-Holidays--landscape.odt

The text is in Liberation Serif, so hopefully you have that installed, but it should look well with other serif and san-serif fonts that you should have on your system.

The top banner can be changed and I found them at:

<http://libreoffice-na.us/LibreOffice-2014-Calendar-with-USA-Holidays--landscape.odt> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:K-j/Drafts#Web_banner

All you need to do is edit the banner down to the 0.8 inch height that the included one is, or change the row height to the banner's height, but there is not much room on the page for a "taller" banner.

I used the LibreOffice banner design[s] that was offered in 2012 as the LibreOffice "theme" part, at the above link, but I have been told that there should be some new designs when the 4.2 line come out. I decided on a green banner and used a dark green [green1 in Writer] for the background of the top rows. [Banner and Month, Day of the week]

It prints out well on my inkjet printer[s].

This is a "second draft" of such a calendar, but it is good enough to use now. If I has a good "white background" banner, then the top could be a little bit different and use less ink.

I personally use this type of calendar on my refrigerator with the current month and the next month posted so I can look at my appointments and "events" easily.

If you use a "Sunday first" landscape calendar, but are not in the USA, you can use the .odt file and remove the holidays and/or add your own.

I am thinking about doing a draft of a weekly calendar, or maybe a bi-weekly one. But that is a lot more pages to edit.

What I would love to make is a "standard" wall calendar with the top section a photo or graphic and the bottom section, below the staple area, the calendar itself. If I can get enough LibreOffice themed images, I may try this with a 2015 calendar or a 2014-2015 Academic calendar. Since I can print tabloid sheets [11 by 17 inches], that would work well for a "standard" wall calendar. Actually, if I make one, I could see about getting it online in Lulu.com section for print-on-demand calendars. That way it can be printed professionally and maybe a little "profit" to LO from the sales.