Did someone [other than you] once state that the X-LibreOffice can be run even if you have installed a version of Lo on your Windows system, while the PortableApps version cannot?

I do not use Windows, much, unless I need to deal with a Win-only package on my laptop[s]. I mostly use Ubuntu 12.04LTS, which is the only OS on my desktop [Ubuntu 12.04LTS 64-bit, Quad processor with 6 TB of drive space]. I use my laptops for both Ubuntu and Win7 OSs, when needed.

So, if I get what you are implying, you would recommend using the X-LibreOffice on a flash drive to show users how well LO could work for them, without having them install LO on their systems. Is there anything else from the winPenPack that should be installed on that flash drive [16 GB would be my choice] to make the use/process be "smoother" for the demonstration?

Also, can you install extra dictionaries and other .oxt extensions to the X-LibreOffice flash drive setup? Some of the extension that are "out there" might be useful for a potential user, plus my 797,865 word spell checking en_US dictionary is something I tend to install by default on any system that I install LO on.

If the X-LibreOffice is a good option, I may add that to the NA-DVD project as a second portable version choice. Since I got out of a week's stay in the hospital, I have been thinking about what I can do to improve that project and the presentation [again] to local business groups. So having more options and more documentation showing how well LO works for the business and educational communities would help. The option of trying out a faster portable version of LO would be one of the helpers. Last time I tried the PortableApps.com version, it was very slow on my dual core laptop.