Hi John,

John Jason Jordan schrieb:
I have LO 4.1.3.2 on Xubuntu 13.10, and previously used earlier versions
for many years on other distros and operating systems. The format
paintbrush always worked before, but now nothing happens. For example,
I place the cursor in a paragraph to which First Line Indent paragraph
style has been applied, click on the Format Paintbrush icon (which
makes the icon appear depressed), and then click on a paragraph which
has the Default style, and the paragraph remains in the Default style.
I have tried this with many other types of formatting and none of the
formatting of the first paragraph is applied to the second.

Bug? Or am I doing something wrong? How can I get my format paintbrush
back?

There are several ways to use the format paintbrush. For details see help https://help.libreoffice.org/Common/Copying_Attributes_With_the_Format_Paintbrush

Kind regards
Regina