Hi :)
A good way to break a post out into a new thread / new topic, is to
forward the relevant post back to the mailing-list.

I not seen the error message but then i've not installed to Win7 all
that often.  Where did you download LibreOffice from?  Was it via the
official Libreoffice website?
www.libreoffice.org
Also, are you logged in as Administrator or with administrator
privileges rather than as a normal user?

Have you installed many other things in Win7?  It's a little different
from Xp.  You should be getting a pop-up box that looks a lot like a
login box to confirm that you really want to install.  Sometimes that
pop-up gets hidden behind other windows and sometimes you have to
click on the relevant programs button in the task-bar a few times to
try to get the pop-up to appear.  Once you are used to that sort of
thing you don't even really notice it.
Regards from
Tom :)